1. Lacrosse Helmet* (NOCSAE-approved helmet). No hockey helmets. Sorry.
2. Lacrosse Shoulder Pads*
3. Lacrosse Arm Pads*
4. Lacrosse Gloves*
5. Lacrosse Rib Pads recommended for attackmen
8. Cleats - Are a MUST
10. Lacrosse Stick ( see below)
11. NEWTON LACROSSE -issued Reversible Practice Jerseys**
**NEW this year we are requireing ONLY NEWTON "swag" be worn during Newton sponsored games and practices. Your cooperation is anticipated.
1. Youth sticks must be from 37"-42" long
2. Junior defenseman sticks must be from 43"-60" long
3. Senior defenseman sticks must be no longer than the tip of the player's nose. Players with a longer stick must cut it down. If you have an expensive shaft, replace it with an aluminum one and cut it to the correct length.
During the early season practices it is cold and sometimes rainy. If that is the case, then please layer your child with outer and under layer clothing. We suggest clothing such as:
1. Polypropylene full-sleeve jersey (worn under the equipment). Many kids prefer the UnderArmour brand.
2. A thin water resistant breathable top
2. Polypropylene long underpants. Many kids prefer UnderArmour.
3. Water resistent running warm up pants
4. Thin gloves liners (such as those worn under ski mittens)
Don't dress your child in a winter coat or ski pants since we will run a lot and he/she will overheat.
You can buy all the gear you need including starter packages for little guys at Comlax in Needham, Monkey Sports in Norwood, and Dicks Sporting goods in Natick. Online, there's a variety of choices but we love the following: www.sportstop.com, www.lax.com, and www.comlax.com.